The Golden Arrow
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most mysterious and unutterable Name of God be always praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ in the most Holy Sacrament of the altar. Amen.
Chaplet of Mercy
Sign of the Cross
- You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.
- O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
- Our Father, Hail Mary and the Apostles' Creed
On the large bead before each decade say:
- Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
On the ten small beads of each decade, say:
- For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
After the five decades have been recited, conclude with:
- (3x) Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
- Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion -- inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.
O Saint Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in thee all my interests and desires. O Saint Joseph, do assist me by thy powerful intercession and obtain for me from thy Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below thy Heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of fathers. O Saint Joseph, I never weary contemplating thee and Jesus asleep in thy arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near thy heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. O Saint Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen.
- O Jesus, I turn toward the Holy Tabernacle where Thou lives hidden for love of me. I love Thee O My God! I cannot receive Thee in Holy Communion, but come nevertheless, and visit me with with Thy grace. Come spiritually into my heart. Purify it, sanctify it, render it like unto Thine. Amen.
- May the heart of Jesus, in the Most Blessed Sacrament, be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.
My Queen, My Mother, I give myself entirely to thee. And to show my devotion to thee, I consecrate to thee this day: my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve. Wherefore, good Mother, as I am thy own; keep me and guard me as thy property and possesion. Amen.
May the heart of Jesus, in the Most Blessed Sacrament, be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.
Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, I adore Thee profoundly,
and I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ,
present in all the tabernacles of the world,
in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifference with which He Himself is offended.
And, through the infinite merits of His most Sacred Heart, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I beg of Thee the conversion of sinners.
Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, in this tragic hour of the world's history,
we entrust and consecrate ourselves to thine Immaculate Heart,
our only refuge, our hope, our salvation.
Have pity on this world, torn by the most terrible conflicts,
burning with the fires of hate, victim of its own sins.
May thy Heart be moved at the sight of so much ruin, pain and sorrow.
We consecrate to thy maternal heart our persons, our families, our country
---- the whole of humanity. Protect and save us!
O Heart of Mary, source of true love, fill our selfish hearts with Divine charity
and with that true brotherly love without which there can never be peace.
Grant that men and nations may understand and fulfill the precept of thy Divine Son,
love one another, in order that true peace may be firmly established
in the Justice and Truth of Christ.
Stabat Mater Dolorosa
At the Cross Her station keeping
Stood the mournful Mother weeping,
Close to Jesus to the last.
Through Her Heart, His sorrow sharing,
All His bitter anguish bearing,
Lo! the piercing sword had passed.
O how sad and sore distressed
Was that Mother, highly blessed,
Of the Sole-Begotten One.
Mournful, with Heart's prostration,
Mother meek, the bitter Passion
Saw She of Her glorious Son.
Who on Christ's dear Mother gazing,
In Her trouble so amazing,
Born of woman, would not weep?
Who on Christ's dear Mother thinking,
Such a cup of sorrow drinking,
Would not share Her sorrow deep?
For His people's sins rejected,
Saw Her Jesus unprotected.
Saw with thorns, with scourges rent.
Saw Her Son from judgement taken,
Her Beloved in death forsaken,
Till His Spirit forth He sent.
Fount of love and holy sorrow,
Mother, may my spirit borrow
Somewhat of Your woe profound.
Unto Christ with pure emotion,
Raise my contrite heart's devotion,
To read love in every wound.
Those Five Wounds on Jesus smitten,
Mother! in my heart be written,
Deep as in Your own they be.
You, Your Savior's Cross did bare,
You, Your Son's rebuke did share.
Let me share them both with Thee.
In the Passion of my Maker,
Be my sinful soul partaker,
Weep 'til death and weep with You.
Mine with You be that sad station,
There to watch the great salvation,
Wrought upon the atoning Tree.
Virgin, you of virgins fairest,
May the bitter woe Thou bearest
Make on me impression deep.
Thus Christ's dying may I carry,
With Him in His Passion tarry,
And His Wounds in memory keep.
May His Wound both wound and heal me,
He enkindle, cleanse, strengthen me,
By His Cross my hope and stay.
May He, when the mountains quiver,
From that flame which burns forever,
Shield me on the Judgement Day.
Jesus, may Your Cross defend me,
And Your Mother's prayer befriend me;
Let me die in Your embrace.
When to dust my dust returns,
Grant a soul, that to You yearns,
In Your paradise a place. Amen.
Begin with the...
- Sign of the Cross - on the crucifix, then kiss it
- Apostles' Creed - on the crucifix
- Our Father - on the 1st bead
- 3 Hail Marys - on the next 3 beads
- Glory Be - on the next bead
Repeat the following sequence for each mystery:
- O My Jesus forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.
- Announce the Mystery
- Our Father (on the next bead)
- Hail Mary (on each of the next ten beads)
- Glory Be
End with the...
- Hail Holy Queen (on the central connector)
- O God, whose only begotten Son by His life death and resurrection, has purchased for us the reward of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that while meditating on the mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
- May the Divine Assistance remain always with us.
- And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
- Sign of the Cross (kiss the crucifix)
Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great
O Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Mases said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souldin Purgatory and for sinners everywhere - for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and for those within my family. Amen.
To the Infant of Prague
O merciful Infant Jesus! I know of Thy miraculous deeds for the sick. In view of the innumerable graces and the cures granted, through the veneration of Thy Holy Infancy, particularly in the statue of Prague, I exclaim with the greatest assurance: O most loving Jesus, Thou can cure me if Thou wilt! Extend Thy holy hand and by Thy power take away all pain and infirmity. Amen.
Saint Andrew's Novena
(repeat 15 times a day from November 29 through Christmas Day)
Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment
at which the Son of God was born
of a most pure Virgin
in a stable at midnight
in Bethlehem in the piercing cold.
At that hour vouchsafe for me, I beseech Thee,
to hear my prayers and grant my desires:
(mention requests here)
Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother, Amen.